Tuesday 25 July 2017

Summer Bucket List


We are nearly half-way through summer (at least for what we tend to get here on Vancouver Island), so it's time to check-in to see where we stand with our summer bucket list.  It has been an awesome time so far, and I feel like we have really been able to take advantage of the beautiful weather we are having and have fun!  If you follow me on FB, you may have heard these stories already, but for those of you who know me from afar, here's a glimpse so far on how we have occupied our summer.


Visited every beach we can think of: Comox Lake, Air Force Beach, Kye Bay, Goose Spit, Point Holmes, Little River, Willows Beach, Miracle Beach


Beach bonfire with friends


Hanging out at a campsite

Visiting a petting zoo


Fishing (from the beach - too scared of boats still)


Swimming lessons at the pool

Patio party with friends

Eating from the garden


Eaten gelato/ice cream/popsicles (every day!)


Played in the sprinkler and pool in the yard, and BBQ'd almost daily


Picked berries and ate so much fresh fruit!



Made fresh squeezed lemonade (and helped with the adult drinks too :)

Tried paddleboarding (with the kids)


Went hiking and swam in glacier river water

Can you believe we've had such a spectacular summer?  I guess I feel so lucky and blessed that I get to spend this time with my little ones at home, and the summer really is the time to get out there and do it all!

There still are a few to-dos on my list, but overall I think we're going to feel pretty satisfied about this wonderful summer we have had.  What's on your summer bucket list this year???

No comments:

Post a Comment